Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keep waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel....






I should probably be dusting something or putting something away, but since there's still not any other rooms finished-finished, it's a bit of a waste of time. The minute we dust and polish something, someone seems to find a reason to sand something in that vicinity and it has to be cleaned all over again. Wasted effort.

The kitchen is ALMOST done. The granite went in yesterday, which has made quite a difference. The kitchen people are still fiddling around here trying to finish off the kitchen in the guest suite. As far as I knew they only had to put glass in 2 doors and put on 3 drawer-fronts and an extraction fan, so heaven knows what is taking so long. In our kitchen there's a few things that aren't right, but over-all it's looking like a completely different kitchen (which it is). I will keep the things that I'm unhappy with for the snag list, and not bore you to tears with it. I should probably clean and repack the kitchen tonight. Must see if there's any of Stewart's wine that I can drink for some motivation.

The paving has progressed quite a lot today, and is looking good. None of the 'grout' has been done yet, but they may get to that tomorrow and then it will look even better. I hope it doesn't take too long to set, as the pool is getting cleaned tomorrow and I will then run out of reasons to keep the kids out of the pool. Except that the water will still be very cold. That reminds me, I'd better go and look for a hosepipe to fill the pool to the brim as per the pool guy's instructions.

The painters are hard at work, but they still haven't finished any of the rooms. They hope to finish on Friday, so here's hoping. They varnished our wooden floor today, so it's off limits for a while. Tonight I officially have nowhere to sleep. Will have to have a sleepover with Shannon. Will probably have to wear Shannon's clothes too since I can't get to our wardrobe. Now that will be a sight to behold.

PG Glass has been to install the shower doors. The one in the guest suite looks fine, but the one on our bathroom has a big gap on the one side. They ran away very quickly before I could even check, so I will have to get them back here tomorrow. Fortunately, we've only paid the deposit so they have some incentive to come and fix it.

The plumber has installed our toilet, basin tap and shower-head. I've hoping it looks nice, but I can't get into the bathroom to see because it's full of bedroom furniture. The shower floor has been grouted, and all the other bathroom tiling done too. Some of the border tiles are a bit on the wonky side, but I will happily live with it if I can just have my bathroom back. It's been quite nice having a bath (in Shannon's bathroom) in the morning actually -- it's seem like a more relaxing way to start the day than having a quick shower.

No comments: